Thursday, July 3, 2008

Our Week in PA.

It's been such a busy week. First we spent 2 days in Maryland with my family. I got to see my sister's new apt. in Baltimore. She wants to have a simple wedding, but I think now that it's almost here, she's getting very stressed about preparations. Friday was VERY busy, we were out all day visiting people.I love our family vacations, but it seems like we try to cram too much activity into each day.
Still, I appreciate how quiet and calm it is out here in the woods of Western Pennsylvania.We arrived in PA on Saturday afternoon. Basically unpacked, ate dinner, and rested. Everyone else played in the hot tub after dinner; I just watched. I feel like I can't be too careful, even if they do set the temperature at 96 degrees, so that Hannah can splash in the hot tub too.
On Sunday we celebrated my FIL's birthday. There were 14 people over. For the Hummel family, thats like a HUGE party. It was nice to see everyone. Hannah wore her new Big Sister shirt, and told everybody that a new baby would be coming to our house at Christmastime!

Hannah hasnt had any accidents in 4 or 5 days.
Maybe the change of atmosphere helped?
Whatever the cause, I hope it continues!

Mike and I got away for 48 hours. We spent Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday morning in Grove City by ourselves. It was very refreshing to just be alone, we bought some fun things at the outlet stores, and had nice quiet romantic meals... but I did miss my little girl. We've never been apart that long before! She didnt seem to mind that we were gone (she was too busy having fun to talk on the phone!), but when we got back she said "I missed you lots".

Pregnancy news: Doing great! Not much nausea lately. Ive gained 4 or 5 pounds altogether. I feel like Im noticeably pregnant, not just 'getting fat;' every day, my stomach gets a little bigger. Im 15 weeks, and New Baby is about 4.5 inches long and weighs over one ounce. I've been feeling vague baby movements for about a week, and this morning I felt a definite KICK! Yay!
So amazing. I love every minute of it. It's such a gift from God.

I know that so many people are praying for me right now, and I couldn't be more grateful. Thank you so much.

Now it's our last night here. Tomorrow we travel back to the chaos of my family in Maryland. It's been a long week, and after my sister's wedding and this big family party, Im sure all three of us will be anxious to get home.

Happy July Fourth.

Nicole

1 comment:

Lacie said...

Grove City - you were so close to me - that's okay - I know you and Mike needed time away - hope everything goes well at your family's house!