Sunday, July 27, 2008

Announcing the News. Church Plans.

At church this morning, we finally announced that we are expecting a new baby. (I'd meant to do it a few weeks earlier, but with vacations and a funeral and VBS and nursery duty, I didnt feel it was a good time.) Some people had started guessing already... okay, yeah, I am starting to show now.
After the service, another church member privately told me that she is expecting too. She just found out; she's due early in April. She's also had miscarriages in the past and is hopeful but nervous, understandably. She said "The more people we have praying for us right now, the better."
Another church friend has been trying to get pregnant, and is struggling. There are so, so many people out there who are struggling with infertilty and infant or pregnancy loss. It is hard for me to be joyful about my own situation when I know many other moms and moms-to-be who are still hurting, and waiting for a positive result of their own.

I have a check-up with my midwife tomorrow.

This evening, I was brainstorming and got some great ideas for MOPs. Now if only I can have help in implementing them, so that I'm not running this ministry by myself!
I also volunteered to help start a new AWANA program at our church. This church desperately needs to grow, or it will start to die very soon.

No comments: