Wednesday, July 16, 2008

VBS, and funny three-year-old questions

Really busy this week with VBS and meetings and other random outings.

I was kind of dreading being the co-leader of the VBS program this year. Even though it's not as organized and well-put-together as I would have liked, it's not so bad! It seems like the kids are actually learning and having fun, so who am I to complain?! Surprisingly, all the parents have been complimenting me, too. I can't really take the credit (it's all about God, and learning about the Bible, not me. Basically all I do is recite a script!). But instead of this week being a huge stressful hassle, it has been a good experience so far, for which I am grateful.

Mike is working the night shift this week, so every night, for at least 20-30 minutes, I've been trying to write a little more of my book.

New Baby's ultrasound is in eight days and twelve hours! I can't wait to see all the little fingers and toes, and healthy vital organs. I told Hannah that she can come to the doctor's office with us and see New Baby on a little TV screen.
Hannah has been asking a LOT of questions lately, and sometimes I find it hard to balance giving her the right answers vs. not giving her TOO much information. For example, as we were bathing tonight, she asked "Mommy, why do you have those things on your chest?" and then continued with "But why do you have TWO of them?" I finally just told her that was the way God made me. What else could I say?!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

You could tell Hannah that breasts are there for when we have babies. That mommies make milk for the new baby to eat.