Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cleaning. New Deck.

Mike just finished "phase one" of the deck. It's not painted yet, but all the floorboards are securely nailed into place. That's good enough for me!
Now he is cutting the grass. I love days when we are productive.

Our pastor and his family are coming over for dinner tonight, which is the perfect excuse for me to do some extra cleaning. Honestly, not because I want to impress them (c'mon, we all have kids, and I saw their house at it's worst, the day they moved in!), but because it's a great excuse to clean things that I haven't touched in awhile. Like bathroom cabinets and floors. Or the never-ending pile of clean, unfolded laundry that always accumulates next to my bed.
And dusting. I hate it, but no one else will do it. I have no idea the last time we cleaned off Hannah's train table, or her play kitchen. And I found lots of dust bunnies (and some ants, yuck!) hiding in the corners of our kitchen. How did they get there?

Ok, back to folding clothes.
Have a good day! :)

1 comment:

Kendra said...

It always feels so good to be productive and see the fruits of your labor. I am jealous that you are getting a deck! I am still hounding Nathan to get on building our fence so I can stop chasing the kids and dog all around the neighborhood.. plus it would be nice for them to be able to play outside and not constantly have to be their shadow.