Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tired & Moody

Ever since I suspected that I might be pregnant, I have wanted absolutely nothing to do with my poor husband. Every time he touches me, for some reason I cringe. And I've been really crabby and short-tempered with him too. Not such a good wife.

I apologized yesterday, and again today, and he joked as if he hadn't noticed. YEAH RIGHT!

Last night I was out babysitting until midnight. I think I fell asleep around 1 am?
I got up around 7:45 am, ate granola and a banana, dressed and left the house by 8:15. We had a MOPS steering meeting from 8:30-11am. Everyone else was late (they showed up at 9!), so I cleaned out the backseat of my car, then read a book until someone else came to unlock the chuch doors.
The meeting went pretty well. We planned some fun activities for the next 6 months, but had a hard time making any kind of decisions. (I find that happens with every women's group Ive ever been in. We females tend to be too agreeable and indecisive in large groups.)

Hannah had a nice morning with her Daddy. I came home, ate lunch, and got ready for a pirate-themed birthday party.
I felt kind of silly being the only person over 8 years old who put on any kind of pirate accessories. I braided my hair, wore a balck eyepatch, a red bandana, a black pirate hat, and painted a silly mustache onto my face. Hannah told me that I looked a little scary! It was fun, though exhausting, to help keep watch over two little girls and 12 or 13 five-year-old boys with swords. I know they had a blast - though the two girls were obviously less impressed.

We got home after 5pm, and Hannah and I crashed into bed! We both took two hours naps! (Why does that only ever happen on weekends?!) When we woke up, we ate dinner, played some more with Daddy, took a bath and did the whole bedtime routine. I let Hannah stay up until 10pm, since she took such a late, long nap. She still fell asleep again, right away!

I keep thanking God constantly for this little miracle growing inside me, and praying that this pregnancy will continue to go well. No morning sickness yet!
I am waiting until I get past 8 weeks to tell everyone in Real Life. I almost spilled to my mom yesterday - but if Mom knows, then the whole family will know. And I'm just not quite ready for that yet. I'm really looking forward to going to my sister's wedding in July, and being four months pregnant! I'll just show up and surprise the rest of my aunts & uncles.

Tomorrow wil be Esther and her family's last day with us.
We'll really miss them! It's hard for me to envision them not being close by.
I hope we can still stay in contact often. Idaho is far, but it's only a phone call away.

1 comment:

HeatherV said...

Congrats on being pregnant! Praying that you have a healthy pregnancy!