Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Doctors Appointments, ect.

Mike had Lasik eye surgery yesterday afternoon! The intake process, paperwork and waiting took over an hour, but the actual procedure only took about 20 minutes! It was pretty neat, the way it was explained to me, though I chose not to watch - sticking plastic shields and lasers into my husband's eyes just isn't appealing to me. Then they gave him 4 different kinds of eyedrops and some Valium, to help him relax, sleep, and begin to heal.
This morning, he can already see more clearly, but his eyes are still very red and itchy and irritated, especially the right one. He has a follow-up appointment this afternoon.

It's a beautiful, sunny spring day outside. This morning, I actually took the time to put on nice clothes, brush my hair, and even wear perfume! It made me feel so much better about myself, just because I look more presentable on the outside.

I also had a doctor's appointment today. More check-ups and needles for me, to make sure my medications are working correctly and that I'm still taking the right doseage. I'll get the lab results on Friday, but they said everything seems to be going well. A strange note: I've lost 10 pounds since December (not that I needed to). That's like 8% of my bodyweight or something! Kind of weird, but I guess thyroid meds can do that to you.

In the meantime, I'm still hoping and praying that we can get pregnant again soon.

Because I was sick last week and then Mike had the flu all weekend, I've been on Hannah duty for a week striahgt without any respite. So today, I'm giving myself a few hours away from Hannah (which entails my doctor's appointment, browsing through the secondhand store, and an uninterrupted trip to the library). She was very sad that I was going out without her. But she's with her Daddy, that's fun, isn't it?
I love her to death, and she's the sweest little girl I know, but sometimes I just need my own space.

Tomorrow my mom is coming to visit for the weekend, that's always fun!
Esther and I are going to a MOPS leadership conference in Raleigh. I can't wait, I'm really excited! I've never been able to go to anything like this before, from lack of childcare, but my mom is going to stay with Hannah, because Mike will be working the midnight shift all weekend, and he needs some sleep instead of being on constant Hannah-duty. See, everyone wins.

Have a Happy Day!

No comments: