Friday, May 16, 2008

Sleep is a precious commodity.

This morning, I woke up when Mike left for work at 6am. I couldn't go back to sleep. At first I was mad, kuz I HATE waking up early for no good reason. But then I got out of bed and make the best of it, by catching up on a week's worth of laundry.

I feel bad for Mike: he's been on-the-clock since before 7am, and is still stuck at work now, at 10pm!!! They had a major medical emergency right around shift change (a man died of a heart attack on the way to the hospital), so he was tied up with that, and is now doing lots of associated paperwork.

Hannah has been doing an excellent job of sleeping in her big-girl bed this week.She still asks if Mommy can sleep in bed WITH her, but I always tell her no, and so far it hasn't really been an issue. ((We never did the co-sleeping thing, I just didnt want to start any habits, so it's funny to me that she's requesting it now.))
Last night she was sooo tired that she fell asleep at 8pm, and I had to wake her up thirteen hours later, at 9 this morning. She was STILL tired this afternoon; she fell asleep on the way to her ballet class!

Today we signed up Hannah for a 3 year old, 3-day-a-week preschool program that begins in September. Ive been looking all around, and I know they have a really good program, plus it's the closest preschool to our house! Can't complain! Right now we're #3 on the waiting list, but there are quite a few months ahead of us, so Im not worried.

New symptoms going on with me: indigestion, nausea, and heartburn. I am not surprised that they have shown up, in fact, these uncomfortable, infrequent visitors simply reconfirm my pregnant state! Only three more days until my first doctor's appointment :)

I feel like my appetite has increased three or four times more than normal, just in the past week alone! Any time that I can stomach more food, I do, and I still feel like I am constantly hungry! Ironically, the idea of cooking or the smell of food baking makes my stomach turn, so I do have to be careful of when and what I put into my mouth.

And now I am going to brush my teeth and lay in bed, though Im sure I won't fall asleep until well after my husband comes home, whenever that might be.

GOODNIGHT!

No comments: