Sunday, May 4, 2008

safe and sound

Esther and her family arrived safely at their new home in Idaho last night. They were delayed on Friday with high winds, tornado warnings, interstate closures, ect. They are all very tired, but glad that their new home is set up with everything they need. The congregation at their new church has done an amazing job of welcoming them and helping them unpack!

We had a possible pastor come candidate at our church this weekend. On Saturday, Hannah and I met his wife and two young girls, while he was preparing the sermon and doing some official business with the church elders. Their girls are so cute! The older one is Hannah's age; they had so much fun chasing each other around at the museum. The 10 month old is already walking!
Their father seems to be a gifted teacher, and I think he would make a great new leader for our church. We'll see what the elders say on Wednesday.

Well, I'm 6.5 weeks pregnant and feeling great. Tired, kinda emotional, and still craving pickles. But I can't complain! Tomorrow I have a check-up with my regular family doctor. On Wednesday we are going to tour a birthing center in Chapel Hill. Mike is not too excited about it, but I want to keep it on my list of possibilities.

Take care, and have a great week!

Nicole

No comments: