Thursday, February 26, 2009

no fair!

Today I learned that one friend is pregnant, and another friend just had a miscarriage. Why? Why isn't life fair?




I have so many things that I'd like to say, so many things that I want to remember, but I never have enough time to properly record them.

Aliah slept from 12-5a, last night. I hope that trend continues.
I am not longer in that newborn-mom fog, but I sure could use more sleep.
I am, however, still in a fog when it comes to household chores like folding laundry and putting dishes away. I just can't seem to finish any of the tasks I start. It doesn't help that Hannah hasn't been extremely helpful lately, but still, thats not a good excuse.

Tonight, I had the wonderful opportunity to have my hair brushed by a brand new four-year-old. It was sweet. She brushed my hair longer than I've ever seen her hold a brush before (she is formerly known to have hairbrush-a-phobia). While that was happening, I was also holding the baby and reading the umpteenth Bernstain Bears book. Nice family moment. If only Daddy was around to take a picture of us (he's working the night shift this week).

We're getting ready for Hannah's birthday party on Saturday. She's excited to dress-up and play princesses with her friends.

I think we need to get out more.

PS: I forgot to mention about Hannah's four-year-old check-up. We went to the doctors with her on Tuesday. She still only weighs 31 lbs, but she is 41 inches tall! She had to get four shots in her legs. She was SUCH a brave girl, the nurses were all very impressed. She didn't even cry... until I got her into the car, and the nit was a major meltdown. But she got stickers from the doctor, and a temporary tattoo, and a new headband, AND I bought her a new book at the bookstore for being so good. Hopefully she wont be traumatized for life.
We get to repeat the process again next week, when Aliah gets her 2-month-old shots. What fun.

2 comments:

Vanessa Johnson said...

Poor Hannah for having to get shots! She's such a big girl though! Wow, 4 years old already!!!

I feel bad for your friend that had a miscarriage, I'll be keeping her in my prayers :( So sad...

Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend and her miscarriage. It really is so unfair, isn't it?

Hannah sounds like she was a trooper! I wouldn't worry about her being traumatized - I don't remember ANY of my vaccinations before the age of 6 when I went into kindergarten.

Hope you're able to get some better sleep soon!