Tuesday, February 17, 2009

More Visitors

Aliah is doing great, we had another check-up yesterday and the peds nurses couldnt believe that she'd just spent a week in ICU. She still has her chubby little cheeks and long hair and everything. She did lose some weight, kuz she wasnt allowed to eat for a few days while on the vent, but by the time we came home she was back to her originial weight from when we got admitted: 10 lbs 6 oz.

If she hadnt gotten sick, she'd probably be over 11 lbs by now!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I feel so terrible. Yesterday I got a fever, chills, sweating, throbbing headache, intense sore throat, naseau, ect. Went to the doctor. Strep test was negative. So was their flu test. So they dont know what exactly I have (a virus?), but it is wretched. I have no appetite. I just want to curl up on the floor and do nothing. but I cant.

Mike was working the night shift all weekend so Im also running on very little sleep. I feel really awful.

To make things more fun, my grandmother is coming to stay with us for the rest of the week. She is a very kind, yet stubborn and overbearing type of lady. This means that she and Mike don't always get along.
We've had people visiting us since Jan 30, and I really just want the house back to myself! How can we enjoy being a family of four if we are never actually all together?!

Hopefully Granny will be helpful, and not a hindrance.

Gotta go make lunch for Hannah. Gotta lead MOPS tonight.
All I want to do is take a nap!!!

2 comments:

Vanessa Johnson said...

That soooo stinks that you aren't feeling one. First Aliah being sick, and now you. Sheesh girl, you need to take care of yourself! Sooo not good. And my goodness, don't these people realize that you just had a baby??? They should be waiting a while before coming to visit, that'd drive me crazy! Good luck on all the company!

CrazyMom said...

It's good to hear Miss Aliah is better but dang- that stinks that you are sick! :(

GL with the g-ma visit and I hope all goes well there.