Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pray for Aliah!

For those that dont know, Aliah is in intensive care. She stopped breathing on Sunday. It was a parents worst nightmare.
She has been diagnosed with RSV. Right now she is stable.
It has been the worst 48 hours of our lives.

Update for today: Mike is at home with strep throat! This means he cannot come to the hospital until he has been on antibiotics for at least 48 hours.
This morning, Aliah's chest x-rays were the same, not any better than yesterday. Last night around midnight she was very alert. But then she got a little too feisty and pulled out her breathing tube. Her feeding tube came out with it! It was a scary moment. I was right there holding her head while the nurse fixed her airway. We got her stabilized again, but because of that, she will continue to be sedated for the rest of the day. She still is not strong enough to breath on her own.

Poor baby.
Thank you so much for your prayers.

6 comments:

Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) said...

Oh Nicole!!! Aliah and your whole family will be in my thoughts.. How scary for you!!!

Andrew Vaz said...

Nicole, I am so sorry. I will keep Aliah and Mike and you and Hannah in my prayers. Logan was hospitalized when he was a baby (not so young though) and I know how scary it is. Hang in there. Know you are in people's thoughts and prayers!

Erika said...

Major P&PTs hun. Please keep us updated as much as you can.

CrazyMom said...

OMG Nicole! You guys will be in my thoughs!

Anonymous said...

praying for your family
Megan

Krissy said...

I have been praying, praying, praying and soliciting prayers from my women's bible study, my mom and my blog. I so wish I could be there to sit with you Nicole. You are an awesome Mom and I am praying for the Lord to give you stregnth right now, as I am sure it is exhausting to be in the hospital.

Aliah, get better soon sweetheart!