Thursday, October 2, 2008

28 weeks.

Still not sleeping well this week. Im averaging 4-5 hours a night. I don't know why! I'm not really complaining though, I feel fine - just lazy. I did have some terrible nightmares on Tuesday night: vivid, gruesome car accident scenes. Yuck.
This afternoon Hannah and I "took a rest" (she is allergic to the word "nap") and fell asleep in the master bedroom for an hour. That was really nice.


Poor Mike just started another grueling round of work - he will work 14 days straight before he gets any more time off. I guess that makes up for the ten days that he had off in a row during our beach trip. The good news is that we get to spend a week in PA/MD when his awful work rotation are over!


So, my doctors appointment went really well... other than waiting an hour to see a midwife. It has never taken so long before. (Also, I didnt exactly appreciate sitting in the waiting room for an hour and half with a three year old! That was a waste of time. She was completely well-behaved, just restless.) My blood pressure is nice and low, the same thing it's been for the last six months, which is wonderful. No pre-eclampsia worries yet!
I did my gestational diabetes test, and had a whole list of bloodtests done too. They should have the results on Monday. I'm not too worried though :) I feel just fine! I keep thinking about how blessed I am, to have a healthy pregnancy. Now that I've made it to 28 weeks, I feel like I've passed a HUGE milestone, and that this time, it will actually have a happy ending. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself, to think that we will actually get a healthy new baby out of it! Some days that is easier said than done.


It's been six months since I stopped taking anti-depressants, and every once in a while I can feel those dark emotions trying to creep in. I pray that PPD won't be an issue this time, either. My thyroid levels have been fine. Just another thing to watch for.


I am looking forward to playing with some MOPS friends tomorrow. Our little group is doing well. (Thank You, God!) We did a creative, introspective bonding activity on Tuesday night, about the road maps of our lives. It was really neat. I am very much looking forward to getting to know these moms and their families better!
On Saturday we are going to a craft/scrapbook party (Hannah's coming too, she LOVES crafts), then going to see the movie "Fireproof" with friends from church!

Have a good weekend!

No comments: