Friday, December 12, 2008

38 weeks

I'm 38 weeks pregnant now.
Baby and I are both healthy and doing well.
I am feeling fine, just tired, because I can't sleep well.
And of course I'm hungry every hour, but that's nothing new.

I just finished wrapping alllll the Christmas gifts. It feels really nice to be done with that. I've been trying to finish up all my little lists of errands and crafts and cleaning projects and things that need to be done before the baby comes, and there isn't too much more to do. Making progress! It helps me to do a little bit at a time, so that I don't get too overwhelmed.
My current list: drop-off Goodwill donations, organize Hannah's and New Baby's closets, install the infant carseat into my car. And start writing Christmas cards, maybe?

Today will be my last day of babysitting. I didn't realize it, but I've worked quite a bit since Thanksgiving - I made $350 in the last 2 weeks! Nice.
Yesterday I helped the kids make Christmas ornaments for their parents and grandparents. It was a simple project, but they had such a great time! And it really impressed their parents, too. I try to tell them that I love doing activities like that with the kids, but they act like it's "so much work". Whatever.

Yesterday was Mike's last day of work, now he has SIX WEEKS of vacation time! He doesn't have to go back until the end of January! I think he might drive me crazy, sitting at home for the next two weeks... but it will be so nice to spend lots of quality family time together. I know it will be good for Hannah - she loves her daddy, and misses him "so very much" when he's working all the time.

Mike's parents will be visiting us this weekend. We'll celebrate Christmas with them on Monday. They were joking with me about how there's a full moon this weekend, so maybe I could have the baby while they're here? I could, but it doesn't seem likely at this point.

I am getting really tired of answering "When are you due?" and "When is this baby coming?" As if I have already chosen his or her birthdate! Isn't that kind of the whole point of natural childbirth, the fact that you DON'T KNOW when the baby is coming?!

I feel like I should just wear a huge nametag everywhere I go, that says something like "HI MY NAME IS... Due December 24th." It would eliminate a lot of repetitive Q&A.

I will write again after my doctor's appointment on Tuesday afternoon.

Have a good weekend :)

1 comment:

Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) said...

You should get this T-Shirt that I saw on cafepress.com

http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/pregnant-suprise-december-jr-jersey-tshir/57327632