Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve! 40 weeks pregnant.

Today is my due date, and I have to admit that I am a little disappointed that we aren't having a baby right now. I know that God's timing is much better than mine, but still, I'm finding it difficult to be patient and wait.

Still not sleeping well. This morning I slept from 12:30-5:30 am, then got up and went for a two-mile walk. I've been doing things like that a lot lately. Sometimes I'll do yoga or pilates too. My mother insists on saying that enough exercise will get this baby out. I don't know that for sure, but I'm willing to try it.

Had another doctor's appointment this morning. Everyone in the office was in such a cheery mood! I have lost one pound since last week. My bp is still borderline high.

They checked me internally (FINALLY!). I am about 2cm dilated. Baby is still head-down, but not fully engaged. I've been having some cramps and aches and pains, but no regular contractions. Now we just wait and see what happens over the next week or so.

We had to schedule an induction today, just in case: spots fill up really quickly, and they wanted to make sure that I would have a place if we need it. I would rather NOT have to be induced, but we'll see. If I don't go into labor on my own by 41.5 weeks, then I will be induced on January 2nd. So, there is an end in sight.

Come on out Baby, we can't wait to meet you!

No comments: