Monday, November 24, 2008

36 weeks. One month to go....

Im 36 weeks today, and I am so, so very thankful that everything is still going well. No signs of pre-eclampsia! Am I really having a healthy baby? I can barely believe it.

Completely uneventfull appointment this afternoon. All the regular stuff: Peed in a cup, got weighed, checked bp, everything is fine. Baby's hr was 148bpm. I've gained 32 pounds altogether - not bad. Im hoping to stay around 35 lbs. (When pregnant with Hannah, I gained almost 50, so Im pretty proud of myself!) Midwife said that baby is definitely head-down, but NOT engaged or dropped yet. Decided not to do a vaginal exam - she said it is not standard procedure, and she didnt want to mess with my cervix yet if it wasnt absolutely medically necessary.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who has been thinking of me lately! :)

Hannah hasn't had an accidents today - which is a huge step in the right direction. Last week she peed on the couch twice. I don't know what the regression is all about, but it's been supremely frustrating.
I don't know if I've just been extra moody and sensitive lately, or if Hannah has learned to press all my buttons simultaneously, but it seems that by 11am, she has gotten on every single one of my last nerves! I love her natural curiousity, but listening to her ask "WHY" 87 times in a row just really wears me down. The whining and disbedience make me want to throw things!!!
This is one of the weeks when we dont get much, if any, free time with Mike, so it also doesn't help that Im on kid-duty 24/7 for two weeks straight.
I left her at home with Mike for an hour, so that I could go to the doctor's office by myself (its justso much simpler that way), and she screamed and cried for 45 minutes, because "Mommy left me." I'm coming right back! Give me a break!!!

Ugh, maybe it's just one of those days.

Now I'm feeling lousy about all my food choices because Ive gained 8 lbs this month. It's not like I can help it, but now Im going to start second-guessing myself everytime I get a craving for french fries or ice cream or crackers.

Why can't life be simple?

No comments: