Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Our pastor had a Thanksgiving service on Wednesday night. It was really nice to join with the other members of the congregation and give thanks for all the ways that God has blessed us. He spoke about being thankful not just for the good things, but for the hardships and challenges and setbacks as well - because those are ultimately what bring us closer to God, and closer to a deeper faith.
It make me think of all the struggles I went through in 2007, with infertility and miscarriages... and now the ultimate blessing of a healthy pregnancy and a new baby on the way. It inspired me to keep on writing my book. And it especially reaffirmed all the amazing things that God is doing in our lives.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend, and that you can celebrate your blessings with family and friends.

No comments: