Sunday, August 3, 2008

Philippians

This summer at church, we have been studying Philippians.
We heard another challenging message this morning at church.
The pastor talked about finding peace in the midst of a chaotic world.
"Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is a state of mind."

The part that is most difficult for me to put into practice, was "Give thanks IN EVERYTHING", under every circumstance. Take every thought captive. Replace bad thoughts with good ones. Focus on the positive. Imitate only Godly people. Turn your worry and stress into a prayer of thanksgiving.

I tend to be pessimistic, and focus on the negative.

Phil 4:11 - "I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."
And 4:12 - "I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation..."

My friend is still going through her pregnancy loss, and I know this was especially difficult for her to hear. I keep thinking about her...

No comments: