Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I made acquaintance with a fellow mom who works for our local paper, and she wrote a nice little MOPS article for me! You can read it at http://www.trianglemom2mom.com/content/mothers-preschoolers

TODAY: We went to the library and played with our new friends (the pastor's family) this morning, and ate lunch with them too. It's really nice to have another mom to talk to. I need more local friends! I love all of my friends, of course, it's just not the same when they live so far away.

Then we spent 3.5 hours babysitting, in which time Hannah had TWO accidents. Why does she ignore the potty urge when she is too busy playing? It drives me CRAZY! I really thought she was past this by now.

But, while we were babysitting, Mike did an amazing job of cleaning up around the house. The kitchen looks spotless! I wish he'd do that more often! Still, I'm very grateful for everything he did today. Washing dishes is about the last thing on my mind right now.

Now I am getting an hour and a half TO MYSELF! Mike took Hannah out for a few hours. He's getting cabin fever. He always dos this during his week off. I've been feeling sick to my stomach today, so I didnt stop them from going without me! :)

I am really relishing this time just sitting on the couch and doing nothing. Ahhhh...

1 comment:

Hadassah said...

Wow, that is a nice article. How does the new pastor's wife think about MOPS? Looks like we are both in the same boat making new friends. It was rainy yesterday so I didn't go to MOPS at the park. Maybe next week