Wednesday, January 28, 2009

One month old. Pictures. Sick kids.

Mike and I celebrated our birthdays tonight with his mom and dad. Here are some pictures from Hannah's point of view:
Can you guess which one of us is turning 26 this year?




Guess who is one month old today?
At her check-up, Aliah weighed in at 10 lbs, 5 oz, and was 22.5 inches long. She sure is growing - although I guessed that she would be closer to eleven pounds. Oh well, it just means she can fit in her 0-3 months clothes a little bit longer.

Poor Hannah has a nasty cough and a cold, courtesy of a friend, and she has now generously shared it with Aliah. Yuck. Yesteday she used up an entire box of tissues on her runny nose. Hand-washing has recently become part of our hourly routine.




My MIL, Mike's mom, has been such a gigantic help during her stay with us! She deep-cleaned our kitchen yesterday, and has been baking delicious meals for us all week.

Last night was Mike's first shift back at work - the night shift - and it was hard on all of us. Hannah has been so used to him being home at bedtime, so that was an even greater struggle than usual. Then Aliah stayed awake from 11pm-4am! I seriously just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry, I was so incredibly exhausted (and already running on just 3 hours of sleep!) I considered driving her around the neighborhood, in the car... then thought about bundling us up to go outside when it was 30 degrees, and decided not to. Maybe I should have done it though, just to feel like I was accomplishing something. At least I got a small reprieve, when I didnt have to feed her again until 8:30am.

I hope and pray that we all get more sleep tonight!!!

1 comment:

Krissy said...

Man, you are reminding me exactly how exhausting new babies are!

I am praying for you this week as you get back into the swing of things...way to grow little girl! Your mommy must be taking great care of you!