Monday, January 5, 2009

Sick mommies don't get days off.

I have mastitis. Yesterday my temp was 102. Fortunately I got an antibiotic last night, but it hasn't kicked in yet.

For those that don't know, mastitis feels a lot like having the flu: aches, pains, nausea, sore throat, fever, chills, sweating, ect. But instead of vomiting, it feels like your breasts are rocks on fire. And everytime anything touches them, you want to scream. While nursing, it feels like someone is poking needles into your chest everytime the baby sucks. Not so pleasant. I did a whole lot of praying last night!

To add to that, Aliah stayed up until FOUR OCLOCK in the morning, and she wants to eat every hour or hour and a half. I know that sometimes babies go through a growth spurt at one week old, but really, I am TIRED! Give me a break!

I think we all need more sleep. Hannah wakes up every morning and says "Mommy, I'm tired, I didnt get enough sleep." Maybe two years of not taking naps is finally catching up to her?

Hannah is doing pretty well adjusting to everything. This afternoon she took her baby sister for a walk around the neighborhood. We said hello to some neighbors. They were excited to meet Aliah.

Mike needed a "day off", some time to himself, so he is watching a movie at the theater. I sent him out with a list of groceries too. Hopefully he gets back before dinnertime so that the rest of us don't go insane here at home! I'm running out of ways to entertain Hannah - thank goodness that she is perfectly content playing with puzzles and books and baby dolls. Actually, she probably thinks that Aliah is just a big baby doll too.

Funny moment: Hannah has a new nickname for the baby, She calls Aliah "CHUBBY BISCUIT"! I asked her what that meant, and she said "You know Mom, it's a kind of food, like a sandwich." Funny, silly girl!

1 comment:

Krissy said...

Chubby Biscuit! LOVE it! That needs to go in both of their baby books! :)

I am so so sorry to hear about the mastitis. I can't even imagine how miserable you must be! My prayers are headed your way friend!