Thursday, July 25, 2013

Words to remember

"Even if you're not thanked, what you are doing matters."

I REALLY REALLY need to remember this today.

Today is one of those days where most of us in this house (really, all of us but one) woke up "on the wrong side of the bed." It is that-time-of-the-month for me and I am a little extra irritable. And hungry. Allthetime.

The kids are arguing and whining about every little inconsequential thing...
"She looked at me mean!"
"No I didn't!"
"yes you did!"
"did not!"
"Did too!"
etc.

They're being incredibly demanding. And to make it all a little more fun, my husband is working night shift this week, and trying to sleep. In his bedroom. In the same house as four noisy rambuncious kids. I tried to distract them by taking them outside, but within 5 minutes they were all complaining that it was "too hot". Yesterday I officially banned the wored "bored" from our house, but they are continuing to say it, and I can't STAND IT!

But I am not a failure. I am a mom. These kids are safe, healthy, clothed, fed, and relatively happy. That means I've done my job for the day. And even if I screw up, or they mess up, or someone pees on the floor and colors on the wall... there is still grace for them. For me. For all of us. Because Jesus loves us.

Rachel Marie Martin has some more great ideas in her encouraging mom post here. 

No comments: