Friday, January 11, 2013

Goals

Let's get real. Let me be totally honest: I do not like resolutions or diet plans. I do not like repetitive exercise routines. But I am looking to lose a few pounds that I inadvertently gained last year. So, instead of dieting or resolutions, I am making some clear, easy goals and objectives for myself.

First, portion control: I don't need 3 servings of spaghetti for dinner. I don't want to teach my kids that it's ok to be gluttonous. I've also been aware of a lot of food wasted at our house and I'm trying to avoid that to. So, smaller portion sizes for everyone.

Second: Eat less carbs and sugar. I'm trying to be sensitive to the little guy's gluten-free diet. Cut the carbs and sugar, add more fruits and veggies. Since I got the Ninja blender for Christmas from the in-laws, I've been drinking smoothies almost everyday for breakfast. I'm surprised that it keeps me full for a good 3 hours.

Third: exercise. Let me be the first to admit that I am awful at exercising regularly. I'll run around the yard or take walks with the kids, but at the end of the day when they're all in bed, one of the last things on my mind is fitness. So I'm starting small: walk for 10-15 mins a day and do 50 ab reps each night.

So far, so good. I'll give you an update at the end of the month and tell you if I've stuck with it or not.

No comments: