Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dinnertime

Tonight I learned that neither of my children like asparagus.
I think I ate a pound of it all by myself (with just a little help from Mike).

Actually, Aliah doesn't seem to like any sort of cooked vegetables. This makes it kind of difficult to feed her safely, since she only has three molars so far. This means I must resort to giving her tomatoes and avocados, and teeny tiny chunks of cucumber and squash, if we have them. And I let her gnaw on baby carrots too.

Hannah is a carboholic like me. She would be happy eating cereal for breakfast, pb bread for lunch, and mac-n-cheese or pasta for dinner every day. As you can imagine, our meals are pretty boring. I am terrible at planning ahead of time and no good at putting meals together.... my gosh, I am really lazy about food.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

How about a simple lay-out of meals:

Monday: Pasta
Tuesday: Chicken
Wednesday: Pork
Thursday: Soup
Friday: Kid-friendly
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Roast

Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: PB&J, or lunch meat

Drink: Mostly water or milk; have juice one meal a day/ three time per week (there's lot of sugar in juice)

Holly said...

Kyndra doesn't really eat veggies. She used to eat great and then all of a suddened stopped eating stuff. I just figure it's a stage and eventually she'll learn it's ok to try new things!!

Krissy said...

I too struggle with preplanning, making the grocery list, coupon clipping, etc.

Do you cook meat the weeks that Mike works?

I think I am going to start making the kids yogurt and frozen fruit smoothies as their "treat" this summer.

I wrote a post that had a recipe for carrot casserole that is really good: http://adventuresintwinparenting.blogspot.com/2008/06/food-for-toddlers.html

And isn't this weird? Faith's VERY FAVORITE food is pasta salad: whole wheat rotini
grilled chicken
shredded mozzarella
roasted red peppers
fresh basil
dress with balsalmic vinegar and olive oil

She has been eating mounds of this every time I make it for nearly a year. Jonathan's favorite? Rice Crispy cereal. He is easier to please!

PS Do you guys ever have breakfast for dinner? That is a huge hit around here.