Sunday, June 14, 2009

The funeral

Amber's funeral service was yesterday. It was a beautiful message, but I sobbed uncontrollably through the entire thing. Their pastor did an amazing job of tying the sufferings of Jesus and the salvation concept into the eulogy. And after singing some worship songs, there wasn't a single person left dry-eyed when they played a slide-show of Amber's life, accompanied by Watermark's song "Glory Baby."

It is such a powerful testimony to the Lord, the way this family is rejoicing even in their pain and grief. I've been having a hard time praising Him through this sad time, yet Corey and Kristie seem to be filled with a grace and heavenly understanding that I don't quite have yet. I am fully certain that God will bless this family. I don't know the purpose of Amber's sudden, unexplained death, but it gave me chills when her aunt read the verse in Psalm 139, about how "all the days ordained for me were written in your book before even one of them came to be." We cannot know what God has in store for this family, but I am trusting in the fact that his plans are far better than any of our own ideas.

I haven't cried yet today. I haven't really gotten the chance to be alone with my thoughts. Aliah is now getting her second tooth, and Hannah has been grating on my nerves A WHOLE LOT this weekend.

2 comments:

Vanessa Johnson said...

it's so sad about the baby :( hugs to you!

Lisa said...

God gives grace when you need it, not before. They are able to rejoice through this season with hope because that is what God has called them to, and He gave grace to do it.

I am praying for you today about Hannah's grating on you. When I see YOUR struggles, I don't understand how YOU do it. And yet, there is grace for you for what you are called to do.

Isn't God so kind to give us what we need when we need it? Just keep taking it one day at a time. You seem to be good at that, though, so you don't need me to coach you. :-)

Anyway, I love you! Thanks for the update on the baby's funeral.

Praying for you,
Lisa