Monday, March 16, 2009

One year ago, I found hope renewed.

Exactly one year ago, I was down on my knees, in front of our whole church congregation, praying for an answer to the question "Will we ever have more children?"
(Click here to read about March 16, 2008.)
I was trying hard to make peace with the the fact that I had just suffered through 3 heartwrenching pregnancy losses in less than 12 months. I was this close to giving up on becoming pregnant again (I had already scheduled meetings with a caseworker and social services, about foster care and adoption possibilities).
I asked God to show me what to do next, and He did! I got pregnant a few weeks later. In April, I took a positive pregnancy test... and eight months after that, Aliah was born. Hannah gave me Hope, and with Aliah, I now have Grace (see why they have these middles names?).

It is so neat to be able to look back and see how God has been working these, and other, miracles in my life. It proves to me that all things work together for good, according to His purposes. And I am so very thankful for our precious baby girl!!!

No comments: