Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Outside / Inside

Outside, it is a beautiful day.
Sun shines. Birds sing.
Children play in the mud.

Inside, my heart is hurting.

I am grieved.

I am grieved for all the kids out there, especially the smallest ones, who don't have a safe home or loving parent/s to help them learn and grow and blossom through their young lives. My heart hurts for them, and all the terrible things they have been through, are going through, and will be facing.

I am grieved over broken promises, biases, prejudices, and lost opportunities. There are so many lost moments, things that should have been said or done, but weren't, lost moments in time that will never be returned or recovered. In our society, we are masters of wasting time.

Sometimes, my heart is heavy, and I just need a good cry.

I am so glad that a new day comes in the morning.
Another chance to start again.

We can't undo what's already been done.
However, we CAN learn from past mistakes (ours as well as others),
strive not to repeat them, and help make life a little better and brighter for each other.

No comments: