Friday, March 27, 2015

Just a feeling...

Happy Foster Anniversary!
Today marks one year since Baby came to stay with us.

We know now that Baby will not be with us forever (as we had originally been told, been planning for, been wishing with all our hearts!). And as we wait for the next court date and the final verdict from the judge, I continue to wonder: What's next?

There have been times in my life when I have been led to action.... Like last year, when I woke up with the words "Pray for a seven year old boy" running through my mind, even before I got the call about him. Or last spring, when I was about to get rid of the diaper bag, but pulled it out of the donation pile and put it into the back of the closet instead. I didn't know why I was prompted to do these things, but I did it anyway. Maybe God was trying to tell me something :)

Today I woke up with that mixture of excited anticipation and wonder of the unknown rolling around in my stomach. Early this afternoon, I made lunch for 10 people (us, plus some friends), and as I was cleaning up, I felt it again: Something is coming. Good news is on the way.

I don't know if we will get a call for a new placement soon, if our newest foster child is being born or being placed into care as I write this, or if Mike will come home from work with some kind of exceptional news... but I know that good days are ahead of us.

I can feel it. 


No comments: