Saturday, April 21, 2012

To Be or Not To Be...

Shhh... don't tell anyone that I told you this, but....  I almost bought a pregnancy test today.

That's right: A pregnancy test.
I was going to take it in the morning, because it has been almost five weeks since my last period (I think today is cycle day 34?). I've never gone 5 weeks between periods, unless there was something wrong, or maybe if it was immediately following a miscarriage. True, I've only had three cycles since I quit breastfeeding Noah, but they haven't been more than 30 days long. And I know there's a less-than-one-percent chance that I could have gotten pregnant this month. But I also know that God sometimes has very strange and unexpected timing, and that He can do anything He wants, so there is always that possibility, that the unthinkable might happen. I realized the possibility this morning, so all day long, I've been running to the bathroom and checking the TP for any signs of blood, second-guessing every tiny twinge or make-up symptom I might have. This evening I even went online and checked one of those due-date predictor calculators, based on my LMP. And you'll never guess what it said: December 24th. That was Aliah's due date!

Anyway, I don't have to worry about any of that right now, because I've started spotting and am getting cramps, so I'm fairly certain that my period is on it's way.

Still, there's nothing like a tiny pregnancy scare to make you realize that maybe you do want more kids, someday, after all.

No comments: