Wednesday, March 19, 2014

More of The Waiting Game

I'm weary, worn-out and wondering "why?"

I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders.

I'm not sleeping well.

I'm not Super-Mom.

We are frustrated with waiting. It's been 12 months since we finished our MAPP classes and 9 months since we've become licensed foster parents. Why are we still waiting for a placement when there are over 500,000 children languishing in America's foster care system? It baffles me. We have an empty room with 2 beds in it. It is collecting dust, completely empty. It's a bit frustrating.

I'm not doubting God's plans, don't get me wrong. I keep His promises in my heart. I know He has good plans for me, for us (Jeremiah 29:11). I just wish I could break-through all the bureaucratic red-tape and help get children out of neglectful, abusive, unsafe conditions and into a stable, loving home.

So if you happen to see me teary-eyed, staring into space, or a little disgruntled at the world... I'm just having one of those moments. 

No comments: