Thursday, September 2, 2010

I survived the three-hour glucose test. This included starving myself and my unborn child for a total of 18 hours with absolutely no food or drink (except water, which I hate), and getting pricked not one or two, but TWELVE times total. Twice in each arm, twice in each hand, and twice in my upper arm, too.

For the first hour, I walked. I found a park nearby, and went about 3 miles before I had to go back and get another blood draw. For the next two hours, I read a novel and wrote in my pregnancy journal.

Now I wait until the morning for the results.
Hopefully I DONT have gestational diabetes.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

And I DO NOT have gestational diabetes - YEAH! Thank you, God :) I am so, so glad that I don't have any high-risk complications or diet restrictions during this pregnancy.