Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sleep, glorious sleep.

I slept eleven hours last night. ELEVEN!
I knew that I hadn't been getting enough sleep the past few nights, and apparently the combination of that, the marathon phone conversation with my mother that lasted until almost 2 am the night before, and our physically exhausting zoo trip yesterday (three hours of driving back and forth, six hours of walking, walking, walking around the zoo, 15 hikes to the bathroom... etc.) really wore me out.
I was so tired that I did not bother to brush my teeth or change my clothes. I didn't even eat dinner when we got home, that's how tired I was. I just did not care. I couldn't focus on anything. A dear friend called at 8pm, and I had to end the conversation short, because I just could not listen anymore. As soon as the girls were dressed and ready for bed, I fell asleep. Mike read Hannah a few stories, and made sure they went to sleep ok, but I remember nothing after 8:45 pm. I was gone, asleep in dreamland. And it was wonderful.
I can't say that I feel 100% rested this morning, but I am in a much better mood than I was last night. Yesterday I was a tired, cranky, sleep-deprived Mommy-monster!
Now I think it's time for breakfast. I'm hungry :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sounds like you were in need of some heavy duty sleep. I'm glad you were able to get it!